17 Jul 2017, 09:36 — 5 min read
Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) have become an integral part of business organisation in today's times. In order to effectively manage your business operations and activities, a well written and structured SOP is a must. A strong SOP will ensure smooth flow of your business and will also provide you with valuable insights and optimised decision-making process. Therefore, it is of utmost importance to give weight to your Standard Operating Procedures in order to successfully run your business organisation. In this post, we look at techniques and powerful ways to implement the SOPs.
1. Change Team: Identify thorough professionals in your business organisation and unite them to form a change team. This change team should comprise of highly intellectual employees with innovative skills and expertise. The members of the change team will identify business processes and accordingly design SOPs for them. Every process has its own demands and hence specific care and attention has to be taken while designing SOPs for various business processes. Also, specific parameters such as time, cost and resources should be taken into account while designing and implementing the SOPs. This will ensure a step by step procedure and template for the employees of the organisation. It will enhance productivity and bring improved results.
2. Review Meetings: It is essential to keep in touch with the way business operations are conducted. Therefore, you must take out time from your busy schedule and call for review meetings. A notification for the same should be communicated to employees in advance. This will allow them to prepare appropriate reports and summary of the SOPs implemented. Review meetings will help you to keep track of how work tasks are being implemented. Moreover, changes and improvements can also be addressed in the review meetings to enhance productivity and efficiency. Thus, these meetings will let you know the status of your business processes and activities. Review meetings should be held periodically and should address important issues.
3. Updating the SOPs: It is not always possible for an initially designed SOP to get executed as intended. Change is inevitable in every business organisation and hence changes are bound to happen during the course of implementing the SOP. Due to difficulties related to resources and employees, the SOP should be updated to get implemented in an alternative fashion. Changes should be made keeping in mind the objectives and goals of the SOP. Under any circumstances, the process should not be deviated from achieving the end results. Therefore, changes should be made very carefully and should be aligned with the business objectives.
4. Prepare a Training Calendar: In order to achieve excellent results, it is necessary to train your work force regularly. Try to upgrade your staff with the latest developments in the market. Failure to stay in accordance with the techniques and technology in the market will result in redundancy and inefficiency. Train your existing employees regularly and get rid of under performing work staff. Hire new employees to bring new ideas into your business organisation.
5. Monthly Audits: Conduct monthly audits to check the progress of business processes and activities. Take corrective action (if required) and direct your employees as and when required. Auditing will ensure that the resources are not unduly wasted and will help you to adjust your financial budgets. It will also address problems of the employees and will give you a chance to fix them. Auditing should be carried out on monthly basis and should focus on constantly improving the business processes and activities.
To explore business opportunities, link with me by clicking on the 'Invite' button on my eBiz Card.
Posted byRupal Nikhil Agarwal
Sales | Business Development
14 Jul 2017, 08:20
30 May 2017, 11:28
Most read this week