10 Jun 2018, 09:30 — 4 min read
Productivity is the leading determinant in gauging whether our work is up to the mark. The work of an entrepreneur never ends of course, but the quality and quantity of tasks we accomplish in a day is the indicator of whether we are achieving our potential in the workplace. There are a few secrets to boosting productivity. Here are a few tried and tested solutions for boosting your productivity. This will set your own personal benchmark higher for optimal work and give you a better chance of success and fulfilment at the end of the day.
The five productivity tips are:
1. Invest time in learning about yourself - Everyone has a time period in the day during which they are more high functioning than at other times. For some people, the golden hours of the morning are the time for clearest thinking while for others, working after dinner until midnight is the time in which they accomplish the most work. Look at your work habits and identify your time of peak functioning and ensure that you devote that time to work. In fact, if you can, leave your most crucial tasks for that time as you are likely to get the best results.
2. Becoming smarter about using your smartphone - The smartphone revolution has us looking at our phones for an inordinate time of the day. From work to leisure activities like going on social media apps, the smartphone is taking away from time we would have otherwise devoted on working at important tasks. Giving your smartphone a break and ensuring that it does not disrupt your chain of thought as you tackle tougher, more time-consuming kinds of work will make you more productive and efficient.
3. Practice meditation - Work can be stressful. That’s just the way it is in the modern world. Finding ways to manage that stress will not just improve your mood but will also help you be more productive. Practicing meditation for even a short while every day is known to fight stress and anxiety. Meditation can help promote mindfulness, a state in which the mind is at peace and equipped to deal with the world. That kind of feeling can help set the bar much higher for how much you can achieve by way of work in the day.
4. Delegate when possible and don’t be afraid to ask - The best work is done in teams. As much as we may like to be in charge of all that we have to do, there will be times when someone’s help could expedite the work. There will also be times when, if you are in a position of authority, you should delegate. Prioritise what work is important for you to do and what it is that the team can help with. Different expertise lends itself to better outcomes as a team and asking for help can help you achieve more.
5. Be comfortable in the workplace - A lot of our waking time is spent in the workplace. For most of us, that means sitting on a chair and working on a computer at our desk. A litany of health problems can assail those of us who lead such a sedentary life. Invest in a comfortable and ergonomic chair and desk which is good for your back, neck and other parts of the body. Take a walk at lunchtime to clear your head and gear up for the second half of the day.
Productivity is key ensuring success. Share with us some of your tried and tested productivity tips.
Posted byGlobalLinker Staff
We are a team of experienced industry professionals committed to sharing our knowledge and skills with small & medium enterprises.
Recommended articles for you
By Deepak Jain
By Suraj Rengan
7 Sep 2020, 13:56
3 Sep 2020, 09:15