25 Apr 2019, 16:38 — 8 min read
Background: On 29 march 2019, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) introduced a new e-form AGILE. This is a new reform towards compliance introduced by the government. Anyone intending to incorporate a company through the SPICe e-form and having a registered office can now apply for Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (GSTIN)/establishment code as issued by Employees Provident Fund (EFPO) through this e-form with effect from 31 March 2019.The applicability of this form will help in incorporation of new companies and company registration under various other authorities will become easier and faster. In his previous article Ravi Kariya shares everything about registering a Private Limited Company and form SPICe for registering a company electronically. In this article, he explains all about e-form AGILE and FAQs related to it.
What is e-form AGILE?
The MCA has notified e-form known as AGILE which is an application for registration of the Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (GSTIN), Employee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) and Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) registration. This AGILE form will be a part of SPICe Incorporation e-form and covers three important registration required for every business namely GST registration, PF registration and ESIC registration.
By filing e-form AGILE (also known as form INC-35) along with SPICe incorporation form at the time of registration, a company would be automatically registered for GST, ESIC and EPFO. It may be noted that in existing regime of filing SPICe, Permanent account number (PAN) and Tax deduction and collection account number (TAN) of company are simultaneously issued. The notification that came in this regard said that SPICe shall be accompanied by e-form AGILE with effect from 31 March 2019, as notified by the government.
This will largely benefit many aspiring entrepreneurs who now will not have to deal with different government authorities for various registrations.
Dates for applying registrations through e-form AGILE are prescribed as follows:
For GSTIN: with effect from 31 March 2019
For EPFO: with effect from 8 April 8 2019
For ESIC: with effect from 15 April 15 2019
FAQs on e-form AGILE (Source MCA)
1. Who all can apply for GSTIN through MCA AGILE form?
2. Is it mandatory to file INC-35 at the time of submitting SPICe form?
3. My registered office of business is in State ‘X’ but I want to obtain GSTIN for State ‘Y’. Which state should I select in AGILE form?
4. Where can one find Ward/Circle/Sector No.?
5. Where can one find Center Jurisdiction?
6. I want to/do not want to opt for Composition. How do I make sure my choice is exercised?
7. How many proposed Directors can I add in the AGILE form?
8. Is it mandatory to provide Harmonized System Nomenclature (HSN)/Service Classification Codes?
9. Where can one find HSN Code for the supply of any of the products?
10. Where can one find SAC Code for the supply of any of the services?
11. Who shall sign the AGILE form MCA?
12. I do not have registered office of company at the time of submitting SPICe and other linked forms. Can I apply for GSTIN?
13. I have submitted my AGILE form along with SPICe form successfully. When will I receive GSTIN?
14. I have received TRN but received the email for validation errors. Where do I need to resubmit the corrected form?
15. When my TRN gets expired. What is the consequence?
16. Is there any fee to be paid while applying GSTIN?
17. What is the maximum upload size of AGILE form?
To explore business opportunities, link with me by clicking on the 'Connect' button on my eBiz Card.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of GlobalLinker.
Posted byRavi Haresh Kariya
EbizFiling.com is a motivated and progressive firm managed by like-minded people. It helps a variety of small, medium and large businesses to cater to all compliance requirements...
Recommended articles for you
By Saurav Kumar
30 Apr 2019, 09:57
24 Apr 2019, 10:29