1 Jul 2019, 16:54 — 4 min read
Background: The ISO 9001 is an international standard for Quality Management System (QMS). In order to be certified as an ISO, a company must maintain the standards set forth by the QMS. Achieving this standard helps companies focus on customer requirements, improving leadership within the company and grow as an organisation. Navneet Dhiman in his previous article shared the benefits of registration under the Startup India initiative. In this article he explains the top five reasons your company should be ISO certified.
The International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) created the ISO 9000 series of family. Originally introduced in the year 1987 but adopted by nearly 178 different countries, over the years, as a mark of standard to measure companies.
The following are the obsolete ISO 9000 quality standards:
Also read: Key elements of a non-disclosure agreement
All of these were combined into ISO 9001:2000, which was later updated to ISO 9001:2008 and is now ISO 9001:2015.
Wondering why is it so important to get an ISO 9001 certification?
1. Meet customer requirements: Today, an ISO 9001 certification is a must for customers looking to purchase services from a company. A continued customer satisfaction is the ultimate goal of the QMS. Hence businesses willing to retain their customers and benefit in the long run must get an ISO 9001 certification.
2. Get more revenues: Once you earn your ISO 9001 certification, you can advertise your quality certification and respond to requests for quotes (RFQ) from companies that make ISO 9001 certification a ‘must-have’.
3. Improve company and product quality: A QMS is all about quality (really!) so, of course, one result of adopting a QMS should be an improved level of quality for the entire organisation. Your employees will have a clear expectation and the required tools to do their job better. The ISO 9001 certification also requires companies to have regular audits to check their quality processes. This helps the company focus on their long term goals.
4. Achieve international quality recognition: As discussed earlier, ISO 9001 is a worldwide standard administered by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), based in Switzerland. ISO 9001 is currently in use by over one million organisations around the world! It is truly a worldwide standard for quality! Obtaining ISO 9001 certification puts your company in a very select group.
5. Increase customer satisfaction: When you have an ISO 9001 certification, all your products are bound to meet the standards as desired by your customers. Hence, along with international quality recognition, you can also earn the badge of trust from your customer which at the end of the day is the most important factor in any business.
To explore business opportunities, link with me by clicking on the 'Connect' button on my eBiz Card.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of GlobalLinker.
Posted byNavneet Dhiman
His Passion has been over the years to help inject techno-legal innovation and compliance strategy into Mylex Infotech Pvt Ltd. With the expertise in the compliance and legal...
Recommended articles for you
By Deepak Jain
By Suraj Rengan
28 Jul 2020, 09:30
10 Sep 2019, 10:22
8 Aug 2019, 16:15